Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A New Stage of Life

Last weekend, I had my last day of work as a paid nurse outside of the home (see picture below). My prayer, above all else, was that I would redeem the day for Christ and that my speech, my submission to my boss, and my heart attitude would be in accordance with the teachings of scripture and not in opposition to them as so often has happened at work in the past (Many of you know the spiritual struggle I continually had at work in these areas) By God's grace, He granted me such a day and I cannot thank Him enough for it.



The amazing thing is that prior to quitting, people would often ask me what I was going to do with all of my time once I stopped being a paid nurse and started being a full time stay-at-home wife. Now, here I am just a few days after my last day at the hospital and I'm knee deep in a huge ministry opportunity to serve many families who, like ourselves, are adopting from Ethiopia and desiring to have pictures of their children, to send them packages, and to have us love their children when we meet their children later this month. I've also acted as a full time vacation planner this week and have had, and still have, amazing opportunities to serve my husband by making wise purchases for this upcoming Ethiopian Adventure. Suffice it to say that the Lord had my schedule fixed and full prior to me swiping my badge at the time clock for the last time.

When I first found out that I would not be working outside of the home anymore, I found myself both excited for the next stage of my life and sad about, in one way, leaving a career that I had built up for nearly 10 years including my schooling. Now however, I'm absolutely delighted to be free to give my full focus and energy toward being a help-meet to my husband (Genesis 2:18), preparing to train my children in righteousness (Ephesians 6:1-4 & Deut 6:7), taking care of our home (Titus 2:5 & Prov 31), and to the ministry opportunity that the Lord has provided!

Thanks to everyone who prayed for my last day and to the Lord for giving me such amazing grace in both the small and large things in life. He is good and deserves all the glory.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a job well done! May the next stage be even more rewarding!! Although, this does not mean you are not available for medical questions anymore , does it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The hospital will miss you. Happy that you are able to stay home with I & J.

    ReplyDelete