I remember four months ago and how my thoughts were things like "how in the world are we going to make our way through a pile of tasks so high that only my husband can see the top of it?" and "April seems so far from now" etc. Yet, here we are in April ... the papers have all been gathered, they've all been signed, the notary has notarized them all, they've been copied, ordered, binder clipped and wrapped. They've been mailed to our child placement agency, received, checked and approved. The US government has told us they'll let us bring two orphans into our home and our name has been placed on a list behind others who have all walked this path before us. A list that will determine when we will get that ever so blessed call and so we WAIT.
We will wait with excitement and anticipation until we see the pictures of the children God has planned for us to parent before the foundations of the world. Then we will wait to see them for the first time in person. After that we will wait to go pick them up and bring them home. They will be ours then, but for now, we rest in knowing they are in His care.
What will I do during all this waiting? Well, I hope to daily grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. I also hope to keep reading, reading, READING about biblical parenthood. I hope to daily celebrate my own adoption into the family of God. Lastly, I hope to periodically update this blog.
So how have four months of work flown by so quickly and smoothly? One word. Grace.
Today I'm thankful for that very grace and I'm hopeful for tomorrow's future grace.
I am anxiously waiting for that day too! I will enjoy the blog updates but love the phone updates when I can drive you nuts with questions!!
ReplyDeleteAlright! Grandma posts on the blog first!
ReplyDelete